Gary Leavitt Entertainment is your Professional Disc Jockey solution for your Wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Party or Corporate Function.
When preparing for one of the most memorable days of your life, let Gary Leavitt Entertainment lend a helping hand. Gary Leavitt Entertainment includes team members of who have been in the business for over 20 years, 10 of which they were voted "New England's Most Entertaining".
They take special consideration in mixing the right mood, fun and atmosphere so that no two weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs or corporate parties are exactly alike.
They pride themselves with their music knowledge, protocol and crisp, clear speaking voices. Several of the company's emcees have worked in Boston radio. Gary Leavitt Entertainment has any and every song ever recorded on file, the areas largest music selection.
They are as interactive as you want them to be. They know when to push or to pull back. Many of the area's top venues continually recommend Gary Leavitt Entertainment because of their ability to make every event a success.
How important is your DJ / Emcee? See what Modern Bride Magazine has to say ...
Brides were surveyed by Modern Bride Magazine and asked to respond to the following question:
What percentage do you feel that your DJ / entertainment contributed to the overall success of your reception?
Quoting Bride's Magazine Post Wedding Survey response article "After the Wedding Reception Bride's & Grooms polled felt that the DJ / entertainment had a direct impact influencing the success of their reception and was no less than 75% responsible contributing to the overall success of their reception”
With the average wedding reception budget at approximately $15,000 - $20,000 nationally, DJ’s are valued at less than 5% of that budget. The article went on to say; This seems to be a grossly disproportionate average when comparing the degree of influence of the entertainment over the success of the reception (75% or more), and the earned wage.
An average Wedding Reception audience typically consists of 250 people. Two hundred and fifty guests entertained over a period of 5 hours works out to $3 per person. This is less than the cost of a video rental. Noting also the average length for most movies is 2 hours. "The only way I could beat that price is to rent a new release movie and show that at my reception."
The difficult task that any couple faces is judging what type of talent is right for them and their guests. It’s not easy to know what to look for in a competent DJ / Entertainer. But here are some characteristics that you should weigh heavily when considering your talent. First I should preface, remember, that you are hiring your entertainment to entertain your guests as much as for yourselves.
* Check references, you would be surprised how many couples don’t take advantage of this very simple way to insure their special day.
* Command of the English language should not be overlooked.
* Your DJ / Entertainer, foremost should possess the ability to know how to “read” an audience and respond accordingly.
* Most brides polled stated that, in the absence of a hired professional wedding consultant, they actually hoped that the DJ / MC would be qualified to guide them through the formalities of the evening.
Entertainment cannot be shopped for like a toaster where the same brand name and model can be purchased at different stores at different prices. Entertainers or DJ’s possess varying degrees of quality including talent, ability, experience, character, and professionalism. The ones that demonstrate these qualities are priceless!
To conclude the article the writer remarked "You wouldn’t entrust your personal safety to the cheapest set of tires you could buy for your car, why should you risk the quality of your evening to the cheapest entertainment!"
- 72% of today's brides are using professional mobile entertainers for their entertainment choice.
- 63% of the guests attending these functions do not remember what was served for dinner but do remember the entertainment.
- 4% to 6% is the amount most brides reserve for their entertainment budget.
- The average cost for a mobile entertainer for a wedding is $1,200. The cost is largely dependent upon the experience of a DJ, locale and specific client requests.
- The entertainment chosen for a wedding or party is responsible for 80% of the events' success.
- 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer - reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.
- 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey.